Dental implants represent the “state of the art” in dental technology, making it possible to restore the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state and eliminating the need to cut down adjacent teeth for bridgework.
Dental Implant Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.
Implants have enhanced the quality of life for thousands of people throughout the world, including the patients featured here, improving overall health and well being and restoring the confidence that comes from a natural smile and appearance.
If you are missing teeth, Dr. Malmquist will thoroughly evaluate your situation to determine if you are a candidate. If you qualify, dental implants are usually the preferred, superior method of tooth replacement.
Dr. Malmquist has a special interest in dental implant treatment. He has extensive experience placing implants and providing the many ancillary surgical procedures that are necessary to obtain the optimal esthetic and functional results for our patients. In fact, due to his expertise in complex and esthetic implant treatment, doctors throughout the Northwest refer patients to our practice.
The restorative dentists who work with Dr. Malmquist as a team to provide implant treatment for our mutual patients are some of the finest in the area. Their expertise in the functional and esthetic requirements for implant-supported crowns and bridges provides exceptional results for our patients. This team approach assures our patients that they are receiving the best possible treatment from both restorative and surgical perspectives.
Dr. Malmquists dedication to providing exceptional care for our patients includes a commitment to attending continuing education courses on complicated surgical procedures to keep him abreast of the constant changes and advances in implant dentistry. He has placed thousands of implants since he incorporated implant treatment into the practice in the early1980s, making this one of the premier surgical implant centers in the country.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are substitute tooth roots that preserve the integrity of the facial structures by preventing the deterioration of the bone that occurs when teeth are missing. Dental implants provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth.
There are many treatment options for dental implants, from replacement of a single tooth or a failing bridge to restore a natural smile, to providing a stable foundation to attach partial and full dentures. Implant treatment allows people who have lost teeth to regain the ability to eat virtually anything and to smile with ease and confidence in the knowledge that their appearance is natural once again.
What Are the Benefits of Implant Treatment?
- Maintains the integrity of facial structures by preventing bone resorption
- Restores the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state, creating a more natural smile
- Improves appearance by eliminating the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth that occur when several teeth are missing
- Eliminates the need to cut down adjacent teeth for bridgework
- Improves health by restoring the ability to chew more comfortably and enjoy healthier foods
- Increases comfort by eliminating the pain of loose fitting partials and dentures
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Nearly everyone is a candidate for dental implants, and if you qualify, this is considered the preferred method of tooth replacement. If you are currently experiencing any of the following difficulties, you should consider dental implants:
- The loss of one or more of your teeth
- Unnatural and unattractive changes in your facial features
- Lack of confidence when speaking or smiling
- Loose dentures or constant need for relines or adhesives
- Difficulty in chewing certain foods
Dental Implants Compared to Bridges?
- Dental implants preserve bone. No other treatment option prevents bone loss when teeth are lost.
- Dental implants preserve adjacent teeth. Bridges require grinding away healthy enamel and place unnatural stress on teeth.
- Dental implants endure. The average bridge lasts just 10 years and replacement of failed brides usually requires additional treatment over time. Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime.